Saturday, January 3, 2009 new year, new life
My first post in this new blog!
Just want to wish all a late
Happy New Year(: Just came back from Korea! Awesome place. You see things you don't usually see back here, EARTH. And I had a white Christmas and a white New Year's Eve too.
Sometimes I see things that really pulls me down, and disappoints my heart..but there is really no words how beautiful it was and how uplifting God's wonderful creation is..wow. You can never get enough.
Hm, this must've been the most wonderful first day of the year for me..it was just me, and Him.
January 1st! Started as quite a lazy day:P TV, homemade breakfast and lunch! Man, the food there is expensive. Then I thought I'd have a bit of fresh air(: oh, the temp rarely goes above zero degrees there haha! but I was in jeju so it was kinda warmer:D
We were staying next to the 'beach' so i thought I'd take a little walk there..ended up a little climbing. The whole thing is a lava rocky cliff. Beaut! So I climbed abit, to the top edge first..man, real rock climbing! Haha, it was fun(: so there I sat, on the edge like a loner, while there were people deep below fishing, some hopping on the rocks, staring at me. Haha!
The wind was cooling-sea smell, the sky was dazzling, the sun-ray behind the clouds was majestic, and the Pacific Ocean was..Unbelievable. Really. Just undescribable.
After a while of catching my breath, I just lay down there, at the edge (don't worry, I have a good balance (: though i think maybe those ppl were wondering if i was gonna roll down or what..)
Then it was just me, and You.It felt really nice, just to talk and admire the beautiful snowy clouds, and know, He is listening. I guess at that time, and now as well, You are the only one who understands me..who knows me. My heart just cannot express that in words..but even when I didn't have words, I know, You understand what I want to say:)
Haha, as I came back home, guess what I read on Jan 1?
Lord, as I come to the "shore" today,
I am grateful for the peace and calm
or this moment where time stands still
and I am able to share a few quiet thoughts.
~CAROL HAMBLET ADAMS; JAN1
Wow. That was exactly how I felt.
So after soaking in the blueblue sky, I decided to go to the water..so I sat on a rock, still quite high above the ocean, and watched the waves and corals!
Then I saw mussels. Like bundles and bundles and bundles in the cracks of the rocks just next to me. Okay, I know I'm a threat to their survival, but they really gave me a fright. Eeugh! Hahahaha I have no idea why I'm scared of things with shells. Alive ones:P like snails. *shiver.
Okay, so that ended my new year expedition cos I got freaked out and started climbing up:P Although on the way i met a lone mussel, which i think is dead, then wanted to see how tight it clings to the rock. I literally jumped when the thing fell off xP
That was how I spent my AWESOME day(: sigh. Peace and true beauty of the world..that's what I like.
Okay, so I loved skiing too xD
CHRISTMAS DAY was snow white on the mountains of Yong Pyung:D and there was me, my daddy and Kesh skiing down dragon peak. Cool and Cold to the max ;D it was our third day skiing (and we were alr like pros Bd), and we rented the gondola. Beautiful view. And a wild 5km ski down!! Went up twice, fell down twice. Both at the same spot:P The second time up, I swept a lady off her feet. Literally. And thats where I fell. haha!
But night skiing was just more cool, cept that my eyes got frozen as i wasn't wearing goggles. heh. That night was just, irreplaceable (: And dad, I won't forget the santa claus(es) ;)
Okay this is a really long post. I realised I like writing like this, so you wont really want to read. hahaha! hmm..I had dreams everynight. Like I always do. The first few nights, I won't forget.
But you know the part of the trip that really got me? Was actually, touch down in Singapore(:
Man, this little island is so pretty at night at 723m high up. Haha! And somehow, there was that little tingle when the stewardess said "Ladies and gentleman, we hope you enjoy your stay here in Singapore. As for the Singaporeans and residents of Singapore on board this plane,
welcome home."
aww. I really missed, home.
Chipped @ 6:30 PM